Downloads & Guides

Step-by-Step Guides

HOA Records Request by Owner

Utah law has several specific requirements for how a member of an association may request records of the association.  This step-by-step guide will walk you through it and will generate the request for you to download and email.  For more information, see Index, records.

Request for Special Meeting of the Owners

Utah law allows owners to veto certain board actions and remove board members by calling for a special meeting where a vote is conducted to veto the action or remove the board member.  This step-by-step guide will walk you through making a request and will generate it for you to download and email.  For more information, see Index, special meetings.
*For subscribers only.

Request to HOA to Keep Assistance Animal (as a Reasonable Accommodation under Fair Housing Act)

A resident with a disability can submit this request to their HOA in order to request permission to keep an assistance animal.  If the resident's health care professional has recommended an assistance animal to the resident because it provides therapeutic emotional support to alleviate a symptom or effect of the resident's disability (and not merely as a pet), and the resident is not allowed to have an animal under the HOA's rules, the resident may submit this request to the association.

The law requires an association to provide a "reasonable accommodation" for an applicant or resident who has a disability.  A reasonable accommodation is a change in the association’s rules or policies in order to give the resident an equal chance to use and enjoy the resident’s unit and includes waiving or varying association rules to allow a resident with a disability to keep an assistance animal, such as a service, support or therapy animal.  An assistance animal is an animal that works, provides assistance, performs tasks for the benefit of a person with a disability, or provides emotional support that alleviates one or more identified symptoms or effects of a person’s disability.  For more information, see Index, Fair Housing Act; discrimination; assistance (support & service) animals; disability; as well as Reasonable Accommodations Under the Fair Housing Act - Q & A.

Remember: Under the Terms and Conditions, all users of this website, except Prudent-Legal subscription members, agree that by their use of the Website, they waive any claim of conflict of interest against Kimble Law PLLC and any of its attorneys in the event Kimble Law represents their HOA or any other party in relation to any matter for which the user uses the Website.


Written Consent for Action without Owner Meeting

An association may take an action (vote) without a meeting of the members by the written consent process.  For more information, see Index, action without meeting - members.  Contains specific language required by law.
download Written Consent Form  

HOA Records Request by Owner

If you need an alternative for some reason to the step-by-step guide for requesting records (see "Guides"), this form may be used to request records from your association.  For more information, see Index, records.  Contains specific language required by law.
download Records Request Form  


The law authorizes a member of an incorporated association to vote or otherwise act by proxy, unless the bylaws specifically limit the use of proxies.  Accordingly, a board may not limit how a member uses a proxy, unless the bylaws authorize the board to do so.  The law does not limit how a proxy may be appointed, which is to say the law does not have any specific requirements for appointing a proxy.  An owner may use a proxy appointment form like this one and submit it to their association.  For more information, see Index, proxies.
download Proxy Form  

Print   Email