annual obligations of associations

Utah HOAs are required to do certain things annually.

All associations (except developer-controlled associations) are required to do the following:

  • Provide Reserve Analysis or Update.  Annually, an association must provide owners a summary of the most recent reserve analysis or update performed pursuant to Section 57-8a-211 for community associations, and Section 57-8-7.5 for condominium associations.
  • Reserves Line Item in Budget.  In formulating its budget each year, an association must include a reserve fund line item in an amount the board determines, based on the reserve analysis, to be prudent, or if a higher amount is required by the governing documents in

    Members Area.  This resource is available to members.  Join us by subscribing today!

Statutes and Cases:

(For reference: 57-8 is the Condo Act, 57-8a is the Community Association Act, 16-6a is the Nonprofit Act)
HOA resources and laws annotated
HOA resources and laws annotated