Skip to Statutes and Cases

Community Associations

A community association is required to carry blanket property insurance or guaranteed replacement cost insurance on the physical structure of all attached dwellings, limited common areas appurtenant to a dwelling on a lot, and common areas in the project, as well as any fixture, improvement, or betterment installed at any time to an attached dwelling or to a limited common area, including a floor covering, cabinet, heating or plumbing fixture, paint, and any other item permanently part of or affixed to an attached dwelling or to a limited common area.

The insurance requirements of the Community Association Act do not apply to projects where the CC&Rs were recorded before 2012 if the CC&Rs specifically require each owner to insure the owner's dwelling.  See § 57-8a-402(3).

Condo Associations

A condo association is required to

Members Area.  This resource is available to members.  Join us by subscribing today!

Statutes and Cases:

(For reference: 57-8 is the Condo Act, 57-8a is the Community Association Act, 16-6a is the Nonprofit Act)
HOA resources and laws annotated
HOA resources and laws annotated