16-6a-1510. Resignation of registered agent of foreign nonprofit corporation
(1) (a) The registered agent of a foreign nonprofit corporation authorized to conduct affairs in this state may resign the agency appointment by delivering to the division for filing a statement of resignation, that shall:
(i) be signed by the resigning registered agent; and
(ii) be accompanied by two exact or conformed copies of the statement of resignation; and
(iii) include a declaration that notice of the resignation has been given to the foreign nonprofit corporation.
(b) The statement of resignation may include a statement that the registered office is also discontinued.
(2) After filing the statement of resignation, the division shall deliver:
(a) one copy of the statement of resignation to the registered office of the foreign nonprofit corporation; and
(b) one copy of the statement of resignation to its principal office, if known.
(3) The agency appointment terminates, and the registered office discontinues if so provided, 31 days after the filing date of the statement of resignation.
Enacted by Chapter 300, 2000 General Session
Questions and Answers
Have questions about a statute? Ask it and an experienced Utah HOA attorney will answer it, plus see all the previous questions and answers.
Only members may post and view questions and answers. Join us by subscribing today!
Key Concepts explained
The index is the main hub of the site, where key concepts are explained
The 6 resolutions & 5 forms every HOA should have
Procedures required by law, updated as the laws change yearly, so your HOA is always in compliance. Plus other policy resolutions
*Prudent-Legal plan only
• Guides to walk board through owner requests for: records, assistance animal (disability), satellite dish, solar device. Avoid violating federal and Utah law!
• Guides to walk a homeowner through making request for records and to keep an assistance animal for a person with a disability.
2 Hours Attorney Time
Counsel from a Utah HOA specialist attorney
*Prudent-Legal plan only
Q & A
Have questions about a statute? Ask it and an experienced HOA attorney will answer it. Plus, see all the other Q & A.
Stay informed! Get updates of new HOA laws with explanations of how they affect your community and what to do to comply and minimize risk.
Tools to help you understand the law
Key words defined in hovercards, powerful search, comments, footnotes, tags, explanations and case law summaries