16-6a-113. Certificates issued by the division

(1) Any person may apply to the division for:
     (a) a certificate of existence for a domestic nonprofit corporation;
     (b) a certificate of authorization for a foreign nonprofit corporation; or
     (c) a certificate that sets forth any facts of record in the division.

(2) A certificate of existence or certificate of authorization sets forth:
     (a) (i) the domestic nonprofit corporation's corporate name; or
            (ii) the foreign nonprofit corporation's corporate name registered in this state;
     (b) that:
            (i) (A) the domestic nonprofit corporation is incorporated under the law of this state; and
                  (B) the date of its incorporation; or
            (ii) the foreign nonprofit corporation is authorized to conduct affairs in this state;
     (c) that all fees, taxes, and penalties owed to this state have been paid, if:
            (i) payment is reflected in the records of the division; and
            (ii) nonpayment affects the existence or authorization of the domestic or foreign nonprofit corporation;
     (d) that the domestic or foreign nonprofit corporation's most recent annual report required by Section 16-6a-1607 has been filed by the division;
     (e) that articles of dissolution have not been filed by the division; and
     (f) other facts of record in the division that may be requested by the applicant.

(3) Subject to any qualification stated in the certificate, a certificate issued by the division may be relied upon as conclusive evidence of the facts set forth in the certificate. 

Enacted by Chapter 300, 2000 General Session

Print   Email

Questions and Answers

Have questions about a statute? Ask it and an experienced Utah HOA attorney will answer it, plus see all the previous questions and answers.

Only members may post and view questions and answers. Join us by subscribing today!

Key Concepts explained

The index is the main hub of the site, where key concepts are explained

The 6 resolutions & 5 forms every HOA should have

Procedures required by law, updated as the laws change yearly, so your HOA is always in compliance. Plus other policy resolutions
*Prudent-Legal plan only

Step-by-Step Guides

Guides to walk board through owner requests for: records, assistance animal (disability), satellite dish, solar device. Avoid violating federal and Utah law!
Guides to walk a homeowner through making request for records and to keep an assistance animal for a person with a disability.

2 Hours Attorney Time

Counsel from a Utah HOA specialist attorney
*Prudent-Legal plan only

Q & A

Have questions about a statute? Ask it and an experienced HOA attorney will answer it. Plus, see all the other Q & A.

Legal Updates

Stay informed! Get updates of new HOA laws with explanations of how they affect your community and what to do to comply and minimize risk.

Tools to help you understand the law

Key words defined in hovercards, powerful search, comments, footnotes, tags, explanations and case law summaries

Plus more!