Historical Version of Section.
Superseded May 12, 2015.
(1) Unless otherwise provided in the bylaws and subject to the provisions of Section 16-6a-906, the board of directors may:
(a) create one or more committees of the board; and
(b) appoint two or more directors to serve on the committees created under Subsection (1)(a).
(2) Unless otherwise provided in the bylaws, the creation of a committee of the board and appointment of directors to it shall be approved by the greater of:
(a) a majority of all the directors in office when the action is taken; or
(b) the number of directors required by the bylaws to take action under Section 16-6a-816.
(3) Unless otherwise provided in the bylaws, a committee of the board and the members of the committee are subject to Sections 16-6a-812 through 16-6a-816, which govern:
(b) action without meeting;
(d) waiver of notice; and
(e) quorum and voting requirements.
(4) To the extent specified in the bylaws or by the board of directors, and subject to Subsection (6)(b), each committee of the board shall have the authority of the board of directors under Section 16-6a-801.
(5) The creation of, delegation of authority to, or action by a committee does not alone constitute compliance by a director with the standards of conduct described in Section 16-6a-822.
(6) (a) Subject to Subsection (6)(b), nothing in this part shall prohibit or restrict a nonprofit corporation from establishing in its bylaws or by action of the board of directors or otherwise one or more committees, advisory boards, auxiliaries, or other bodies of any kind:
(i) having the members and rules of procedure as the bylaws or board of directors may provide;
(ii) established to provide the advice, service, and assistance to the nonprofit corporation as may be specified in the bylaws or by the board of directors; and
(iii) established to carry out the duties and responsibilities for the nonprofit corporation, as may be specified in the bylaws or by the board of directors.
(b) Notwithstanding Subsection (6)(a), if any committee or other body established under Subsection (6)(a) has one or more members who are entitled to vote on committee matters and who are not then also directors, the committee or other body may not exercise any power or authority reserved to the board of directors, in this chapter or in the bylaws.
Amended by Chapter 127, 2001 General Session