(1) A member of the management committee shall be:
(a) a natural person; and
(b) 18 years old or older.
(2) An association's bylaws may prescribe other qualifications for members of the management committee in addition to the requirements described in Subsection (1).
(3) Without limiting the qualifications an association prescribes under Subsection (2), an association may, through governing documents or the management committee's internal procedures, disqualify an individual from serving as a member of the management committee because the individual:
(a) has been convicted of a felony; or
(b) is a sex offender.
(4) A member of the management committee need not be a resident of this state or a lot owner in the association unless required by the association's bylaws.
(5) Except as limited in the declaration, the association of unit owners bylaws or articles of incorporation, or other provisions of this chapter, a management committee acts in all instances on behalf of the association of unit owners.